12/16/2013 almost Christmas!

We will be skypeing about 3 o'clock my time. Sooo like 1pm your time?? And YES we get to skype!!! :)
...Yes it is dumping snow. There is definitely snow outside. Funny story. Saturday was the ward Christmas party and it was snowing really bad. It ended about 7:30pm. Now our church is at the foot of a hill. So after the party was over we stay to help clean up. When we go to leave the Bishop offers us a ride home because it was so slick... Well me being me, and thinking well I don't need a ride home, I can get up the hill, it cant be that hard, not paying any attention at all to the other brother and sister who CANT get up the hill and are getting a ride. So I try to get up the hill. I didn't even make it from one end of the parking lot to the other... the ice was so bad the car was sliding. THE WHOLE car was moving to the side. So I pull back into a spot and cry to the Bishop "I want a ride home! Please!" So we left our car there. And Bishop was almost pulling doughnuts in the parking lot!!! On purpose!!! Super scary. Earlier, before we knew about being car-less, and family in the ward offered us a ride to church the next day. :) Super funny :)
I read this this morning and I thought that it would be good for you and the family:
PMG pg 120
Christlike attribute of Patience:
Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious. It is the ability to do God's will and accept His timing. when you are patient, you hold up under pressure and are able to face adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and faith - you must wait for the Lord's promised blessings to be fulfilled. You need patience in your everyday experiences and relationships, especially with your companion. You must be patient with all people, yourself included, as you work to overcome faults and weaknesses. "Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such  challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required." President Thomas S. Monson
I love that because I was not a very patience kid growing up. And as I look at the world I see that not a lot of people are. I think that we can all develop a little more patience and trust in the Lord. :)